At least 300 people were detained in demonstrations in several cities across Cameroon on Saturday by the Cameroon authority.
Cameroon Renaissance Movement (MRC) party said its members and supporters were arrested while calling for the release of party leader Maurice Kamto and 150 of their supporters, who were imprisoned late January during protests against October 2018 elections.
- CAS Moves Siasia’s Life Ban Appeal To October
- C. Ronaldo Becomes First Billionaire Footballer
- We Won’t Beg Saka To Play For Nigeria, Rohr Fumes
- I Am Anticipating EPL Restart – Ighalo
- Transfer Update: Rohr Advise Osimhen To Join Club Where He Will Get More Playing Chances
Kamto and his supporters have been charged with hostility against the homeland, insurrection among others. The EU, UN, US and France have questioned the arrest of the political leader.
The MRC party has been protesting the elections calling it an electoral hold up since their party leader was announced second to President Biya’s re-election.