President Muhammadu Buhari has called on the attention of the Nigeria Universities to strengthening their ability at making discoveries and inventions that can promote the country development.
He said this on Saturday while addressing the attendees at the 4th convocation of the Federal University, Dutsinma (FUDMA), Katsina State.
Though the president was represented by the former deputy governor of Kano State, professor Hafiz Abubakar.
“It is not heart-warming that in our over 58 years of independence, Nigerian universities are slow in discoveries and inventions,” he said.
- School Teacher On The Run After He Allegedly Beat A Student Dead In Lagos State
- Examination Malpractice In Tertiary Institutions By Salami Rasheed Adeyemi (Osinbajo)
- Sad As 17-year-old Girl Who Scored A1 In All Subjects In WAEC Dies
- Saddened Story Of A UNN First Class Graduate Who Became Cassava Farmer In His Village For Survival
- Breaking: Lagos State Government Reopens Private, Public Schools
“Research, critical thinking, moral dispositions, discoveries, and inventions should find natural habitats in our universities, as they do in several other universities in the world.
“Universities are supposed to be strong drivers of the country’s development initiatives for sustainable development,” he said.
He promised that his administration would continue to support in order to improve the structures and facilities in the institution and to aid learning by training through the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND) intervention.