Adebo Ogundoyin has been picked has the Speaker of the ninth Oyo state house of assembly.
The 32 years old is a member of the house representing the Ibarapa East area.
The new young Speaker is a graduate of Babcock University and was appointed based on party affiliation zoning consideration and experience.
While addressing the house, he said, “Our state has set the pace for a new generation of leaders by electing me as the youngest Speaker in the history of the state and Nigeria.
“Politically, Oyo State has always set the pace for good things in Nigeria, and I promise, we the ninth (assembly) will raise the bar of quality representation of the people.
- Buhari Promises To Transform Calabar | Reference Daily News
- BREAKING: Deputy Governor Of Kogi State Impeached| Reference Daily News
- Breaking: FG Reach An Agreement With Labour On Minimum Wage Implementation
- Sowore, Bakare Yet to Fulfill Demand For Bail | Reference Daily News
- Pray More So We Can Overcome Nigeria Challenges – Senate President| Reference Daily News
“I need your support, cooperation and bits of advice on how to move house forward and you are free to call me to order when I’m about to drift.
“Our dream is to make Oyo State House of Assembly, a model to others across Nigeria. I believe with the continuous support and cooperation of all other lawmakers in the house, His Excellency Governor Seyi Makinde and his cabinet, our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party, and the people of Oyo State, we are going to make laws and formulate policies that will alleviate our people’s suffering and make them proud of us”.
Ogundoyin who is one of the sons of late chief Adeseun Ogundoyin, a philanthropist and an industrialist was elected shortly after the new assembly inauguration by Governor Seyi Makinde.