Rochas Okorocha, the immediate past Governor of Imo State after much struggle with the INEC has been sworn in by the Senate President, Ahmed Lawan as a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
He will be representing the Imo West senatorial district at the Senate House.
His name was omitted during the inauguration of other senators on Tuesday because of the withdrawal of a certificate of return by The Independent National Electoral Commission.
The Federal High Court in Abuja ordered INEC to issue Okorocha a certificate of return as senator-elect of Imo West senatorial district.
- Buhari Promises To Transform Calabar | Reference Daily News
- BREAKING: Deputy Governor Of Kogi State Impeached| Reference Daily News
- Breaking: FG Reach An Agreement With Labour On Minimum Wage Implementation
- Sowore, Bakare Yet to Fulfill Demand For Bail | Reference Daily News
- Pray More So We Can Overcome Nigeria Challenges – Senate President| Reference Daily News
Okorocha appreciated INEC and said the certificates issued revealed the allegations proved against him were untrue.
“I have just been invited that my certificate is ready and I have just come to collect it. I take it to be Gods time, and I’ve always believed that justice delayed, is justice denied.
“I also want to thank INEC for taking this bold step against all the odds by issuing my certificate of return which goes a long way to confirm that the allegation of duress was unfounded,” Okorocha said.