Nechama Rivlin, the first lady of Israel, has died at age 73 on Tuesday morning after an unsuccessful survival quest with respiratory diseases for years.
She passed away at Beilinson hospital in Petah Tikva, where she had a lung transplant about three months ago.
She has been suffering from pulmonary fibrosis and had to move with a portable oxygen tank everywhere.
In a statement by Israel Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu said, “Together with all the citizens of Israel, my wife Sara and I express deep sorrow at the passing of the wife of the president, Nehama Rivlin.
- Bird Strike Ground U.S Navy ‘Doomsday’ Aircraft | Reference Daily News
- Southwest Airlines Withdraws Boeing 737 Max From Schedule Until February | Reference Daily News
- Elijah Cummings, U.S Congressman And Civil Rights Leader, Dies At 68 | Reference Daily News
- Kim Jong-un: North Korean Leader Rides Horse Up Sacred Mountain | Reference Daily News
- Hollywood Lost Veteran Actor, Robert Forster To Brain Cancer | RDNews
- US Govt. Received Military Vehicles Seized By Nigeria Customs | RDNews
“We all prayed for her healing during the recent period in which she fought bravely and with all her might for her life.
“We extend our heartfelt condolences to the president and all his family. May her memory be a blessing,” he said.