Ayo Fayose, the immediate past governor of Ekiti State, had his first arraignment in October 22nd 2018 on an 11-counts charge of accepting and looting 1.2 billion Naira and 5 million dollars stolen funds from the National Security Adviser (ONSA) office against the money laundering act.
The allegation, according to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission are:
- Fayose and an aide Abiodun Agbele took possession of N1.219billion from the Office of National Security Adviser (ONSA) to fund his governorship campaign knowing fund proceeds of “stealing.”
- Received $5million from ONSA without going through financial institution contrary to the Money Laundering Act.
- Placed N300million “proceeds of stealing” in his fixed deposit account.
- Deposited N317million in the account of Spotless Investment Limited, a company he and his family own.
- Lodged N305,760,000 in his account when he ought to know it formed part of proceeds of an unlawful act.
- Procured De-Privateer Limited and Agbele to retain N719,490,000.00 in their accounts.
- Acquired a property on Plot 1504, Yedsema Street, Maitama, Abuja from Rabi Kundili with illicit N270million.
- Used N1,151,711,573 to acquire chalets 3 and 4, 6 and 9 on Plot 100 Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, Lagos in the name of JJ Technical Service.
- Used N200million to acquire a property on 44, Osun Crescent, Maitama, Abuja in the name of his elder sister, Moji Oladeji.
- Used N270million to purchase a property on Plot 1504 Yedseram Street, Maitama, Abuja in the name of Spotless Investment.
- Procured Still Earth Limited to retain N132.5million in its account for his benefit.
- Tottenham Announce Bale’s Return After Seven Years
- Breaking: Lagos Governor Ask Worship Centres To Commence Full Services
Ayo Fayose however, stood his ground and said he is not guilty of all the counts.