Quique Setien has said on Tuesday that Barcelona is looking forward to signing another striker before the end of the January transfer window to stand in for the injured Luis Suarez.
Suarez is not certain to play again this season after undergoing surgery on his knee earlier this month, which has left Barca short in the centre of their front three.
“We are considering it,” responded Setien, when queried if Barca would go in for another forward.
“We are talking about that but we still have to think about it a bit more, it’s not an issue that worries me too much.”
“I’m worried about the match tomorrow and the match against Valencia. It’s an issue that the sports department will consider in more depth.”
However, Ousmane Dembele has started training this week after recovering from a hamstring injury and the Frenchman’s return in the coming weeks would be a major boost to the team’s attacking options.
“Dembele is an important player without a doubt,” Setien said. “He’s an extraordinary player, who hasn’t had much consistency but for sure he will be an important player for the club and we are sure he will help us a lot.”