Thu. Aug 13th, 2020

Reference Daily News

Nigeria best news source

Lagos Churches, Mosques Remain Shut Till Further Notice – Sanwo-Olu

2 min read
214 Views


The Lagos State governor has announced that religious centres would remain shut in the state until further notice.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu said this on Friday during a televised briefing at Alausa Ikeja.

He said the worship centres are to “remain shut until further notice”.

Sanwo-Olu also reiterated that “all restrictions applying to mass gatherings will remain in force”.

He added, “Places of worship will remain closed in Lagos State, until further notice.

“All social and events centers, and social clubs, will also remain closed, for now.

“All bars, day and night clubs, cinemas, games arcades, beaches, and beach fronts, gyms and spas continue to remain closed.

“Eateries and restaurants are to continue to open as normal for takeout only. In-dining is still prohibited.”

The Governor also directed that hairdressing salons that had been accredited by the Lagos State Safety Commission could open strictly on an appointment only and with a maximum occupancy of 50 per cent of the total floor space at any given time.

Sports facilities and recreational parks in residential estates, Sanwo-Olu said, would be permitted to operate with a maximum of 20 persons at any given time.

The Governor directed civil servants from Grade Level 1 to 12 to continue working from home and improve themselves through dedicated online Learning Management Systems portals.

Sanwo-Olu stressed that the government would now be strict in enforcing the use of face mask in public places.

He said, “At this phase in the evolution of the pandemic in our society, taking personal responsibility is now more important than ever, not only for self-protection, but also for protecting other people, including your loved ones.

“Mask usage is mandatory in public places. We are asking offices and business and commercial premises to refuse entry to any persons not wearing masks, in line with the Presidential Task Force directive on ‘No mask, No service’. Enforcement agencies will from this week charge defaulters to court, as the period of grace is now over.”

Leave a comment

You may have missed

Copy Protected by Chetan's WP-Copyprotect.