Kingsley Chinweike Okonkwo, popularly called Kcee or stylised as KCee, is a born Nigerian singer and songwriter. He was in the Hip Hop former duo group called Kc Presh.
Presently, he has a record deal with Five Star Music. He worked with Del B, a record producer known for producing the song “Limpopo”. He is the elder brother to E-money.
Full Name: Kingsley Chinweike Okonkwo
Place Of Birth: Ajegunle, Lagos State, Nigeria
Genres: African popular music
Occupation(s): Singer, songwriter, performer
Years Active: 2013–present
Labels: Five Star Music
Associated Acts: E-Money, Harrysong, Skiibii, Davido, Akoo Nana
Net Worth: $2m (N770,000,000)
Early Life And Music Career
Kcee alongside his longtime partner and friend, hajie collaborate as a duo for 12 years. They knew each other in a church choir, were in the choir together until both went for the Star Quest TV reality show together and won the show.
Their work together as music partners gave them both a few recognition until 2011 when they went apart, both running their own individual careers quite separately. Kcee released “Sweet Mary J” which was his first single in 2020.
- Signed a multi millionaire endorsement deal with Tele communications company MTN in 2013
- Patience Jonathan appoints Kcee as Peace Ambassador Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Signed a multi millionaire endorsement deal with Tele communications company MTN in 2015
Attention To Detail (2017)
Year Title Director
2016 Bambala As featured artiste Avalon Okpe
2016 Agbomma Tchidi Chikere
2018 Burn Sneeze
2018 Bullion Squad Moses Inwang
2018 Boo featuring Tekno Clarence Peters
Awards And Nominations
Year Awards Ceremony Award Description (s) Recipient Results
2013 The Headies Producer of the Year Del B for “Limpopo” Nominated
Song of the Year “Limpopo Won
Channel O Music Video Awards 2013 MOST GIFTED DANCE VIDEO “Limpopo” Nominated
2014 The Headies Best R&B/Pop Album “Takeover” Nominated
Hip Hop World Revelation of the Year “Takeover” Won
Artiste of the Year “Himself” Nominated
15, Likely Questions To KCEE
1. what was the drive to becoming a musician?
- Did you face any challenges pursuing this career?
- How are you managing your celebrity status within your environs?
- How do you see the music Industry today?
- Who’s your best musician in Nigeria and global?
- What’s your best sport, food and movie?
- What’s your plan for the upcoming musicians ?
- Where do you want to see yourself in 10 years?
- How do you cope with your fans who ask for your help on social media?
- What’s your message to your fans and upcoming musicians ?
- What’s makes you happy when you remember?
- What’s your take on education in Nigeria?
- What can you say about the Nigeria government?
- How can the country be better?
- How do you plan to help the country with music?