Bobrisky is a Nigerian internet personality who is known as a transgender woman in Nigeria, a country with no LGBT rights. She is also known for her presence on the social media app Snapchat.
|Full Name||Okuneye Idris Olarenwaju|
|Date of Birth||31st of August|
|Year of Birth||1992|
|Place of Birth||Ebute Metta, Lagos|
|Age||27 Years Old|
|Education||King’s College and the University of Lagos, (UNILAG)|
|Occupation||Internet Personality and Entrepreneur|
|Online Platform||Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat|
|Net Worth||$2 (USD)|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches|
|Weight||58 kg 128 lbs|
Bobrisky Early Life
Bobrisky was born on the 31st of August in 1992 in Ebute Metta, Lagos, Nigeria. Her birth name is Okuneye Idris Olarenwaju. She is currently 28 years old and happens to be a member of the Zodiac sign Virgo.
Bobrisky is a Nigerian transgender-woman who identifies with feminism more than masculinity. Coming from Nigeria, a country where the”LGBT Community” is not legally recognized, Okuneye announced that her preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.” Bobrisky before the transformation was a student at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) who successfully graduated with a Bachelor of Accounting degree.
She joined the campus after successfully finishing her high school studies at the King’s College located in Lagos. Coming from a polygamous family, she happened to be the last born and was nicknamed “Bobo.”
She became recognized by being highly controversial on social media for the ultra conservative Nigerian standards. Bobrisky was able to gather traffic to her Snapchat account when she claimed she had a lover who is assumed to be of masculine gender despite the law in Nigeria stating that same sex relationships is an offence punishable by serving 14 years in a penitentiary.
Bobrisky, by virtue of just existing, introduced into the Nigerian society a set of ethics and morals which are not aligned with the assumed social norm of Nigeria. She has been received with mixed feelings as she has a fair number of fans and critics alike. On a notable occasion, a Nigerian presidential aide walked out of a premises on sighting Bobrisky within the residence.
Bobrisky has a fair share of fans and has been asked by certain event planners to give speeches at their events. In 2019, Otunba Olusegun Runsewe, Director General of Nigeria’s National Council for Arts and Culture, called Bobrisky “a national disgrace” and said she would be “dealt with ruthlessly” if caught on the streets.
Taiwo Kola-Ogunlade, Google’s Communications and Public Affairs Manager for West Africa, said Bobrisky was the most searched individual in Nigeria from October 26 to November 2016.
Rise To Fame
As an accounting student, Okunneye started her first business by opening up her beauty shop located in Ikeja. She became famous among her campus colleges for her outstanding sense of fashion. Bobrisky became more famous through her Snapchat account where she shared numerous controversial and trending videos.
She became famous for her Snapchat posts and talks concerning how her “Bae” is wealthy and spoils her with goodies. As a Nigerian, she was the first person to come public about being in a same-sex relationship. This is despite the harsh rules against gays in the country. Bobrisky became the most searched West African personality for almost a month.
Salary And Net Worth
Since Bobrisky has acknowledged that he uses his social media influence to make a living, most people have been left wondering how and how much she makes. Although Okuneye has stated that she has numerous business ventures, she has, however, not disclosed her salary or net worth.
Bobrisky net worth is still under review and yet to be disclosed. Nonetheless, she has revealed that she makes money in a couple of ways. These include selling ‘Bobrisky bleaching cream’ which costs $400, making short video clips, selling clothes in her boutique located in Ikeja, and hosting occasions as a master of ceremony (MC).
$2,000,000 (N870,000,000) (Per $1 to N435)
Bobrisky House Pictures
In early 2017, she bought a five-bedroom house in Lekki peninsula region in Lagos State. Okuneye held a lavish housewarming party, where he disclosed that the interior house décor cost him N12 million. Bobrisky bae is also planning to get him a house next to Linda Ikeji at Banana Island.
17 Fun Facts About Bobrisky
- Bobrisky was an accounting major at the University of Lagos (UNILAG).
- He was the most searched individual from October to November of 2016 according to Google’s Communication and Publics Affairs manager for West Africa, Taiwo Kola-Ogunlade.
- As per her education, she completed her secondary education at King’s College in Lagos.
- She then earned her graduate degree from the University of Lagos (UNILAG).
- She is an avid pet lover as well
- Bobrisky is a native of Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun state.
- Bobrisky’s mother died in 2008 while his father is an aged retired transporter.
- He finished his secondary school education from King’s College in Lagos state.
- Bobrisky graduated from the University of Lagos (UNILAG
- He has a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- He is from a Polygamous family and is also the youngest child of the family.
- Bobrisky became popular for bleaching his skin and insinuating he is in a gay romantic relationship with a mystery very rich Nigerian man.
- Bobrisky loves to dance and had made more money teaching choreography as a part-time job when he was in school.
- Bobrisky first got popular in campus when he won the award for best-dressed male in his faculty and the best-dressed male in the University of Lagos.
- Bobrisky is also an entrepreneur who makes money selling bleaching/lightening body creams.
- Bobrisky also runs a Snapchat account where he once charged followers N10,000.
- Bobrisky trended nationwide in 2017 after he got arrested in Lagos days after he announced he was gay.